PepeCoin (PEPE) is a meme coin inspired by the viral “Pepe the Frog” meme. Launched in April 2023, the team behind it remains unknown. Learn more about meme coins, including well-known coins like Dogecoin and Shiba Inu, and how they work.
PepeCoin (PEPE) is a relatively new entrant in the world of meme coins, having been launched quietly in April 2023 without any pre-sale. The token draws its inspiration from the viral “Pepe the Frog” meme that gained popularity in the 2010s. Despite being a relatively new player in the market, PepeCoin has already attracted attention due to its unique branding.
Founding Team Behind Pepe Coin
It’s worth noting that the team behind PepeCoin is anonymous, which is not uncommon in the world of cryptocurrency. The official website for PepeCoin states that there is no official team associated with the project. This is a common practice in the industry, with many projects being introduced under pseudonyms or without disclosing their creators.
What are Meme Coins?
Meme coins, like PepeCoin, take inspiration from viral internet memes to attract social media users and meme enthusiasts. Their value can fluctuate greatly, resulting in significant price increases or declines. Meme coins have gained popularity in the cryptocurrency industry due to their connection with internet culture and social media. While investing in these coins carries a high level of risk, their potential for high returns has attracted risk-tolerant investors.
Well-known Meme Coins
Two of the most well-known meme coins are Dogecoin and Shiba Inu. Dogecoin, founded in 2013, is based on a meme of a Shiba Inu dog and quickly became a viral sensation, attracting a huge following, including technology giants like Elon Musk. Shiba Inu, launched in 2020, features the cute Shiba Inu dog but is built on the Ethereum blockchain. Such meme coins have taken the internet by storm, and it may not be the last time we see such a rapid rise in popularity.
Pepe as a Meme Coin
PepeCoin is already making waves in the meme coin market. Created by Matt Furie, the circulating supply of PepeCoin is currently at 420 trillion, with 93.1% of these tokens already deposited into the liquidity pool. The LP tokens have been burned, and the contracts have been renounced, leaving only 6.9% of the supply in a multi-sig team wallet earmarked for CEX listings, liquidity pools, and bridges. As a meme coin contender, PepeCoin is definitely one to watch in the coming months.
Explaining Constitutional Amendments pic.twitter.com/oYkMPBe9Zi
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 13, 2023
5 Best Crypto Exchanges for Crypto Copy Trading- Revolutionizing Your Crypto Investment Strategy
Traditional VCs and the blockchain industry – Deep dive into their recent investments
Discovering TOKEN2049 - What Should You Know about the Event?
An Insight into China's Digital Currency Revolution and Its Implications for Businesses
10 Common Crypto Scams and How to Avoid Them
Top 6 Passive Income Methods for Crypto in 2023